Thursday, May 10, 2012

Mmmmmmmmm!


Trader Joe’s markets always have something to taste introducing their customers to different products. One day, as I wandered the store, they were serving Edamame (soy bean) Hummus on crackers. Now, I don’t normally cotton to hummus, kind of dry or grainy. But, this was amazingly creamy and tasty. They hooked me. I have an acquaintance who is a hummus aficionado and loves his garlicky. Loving garlic myself, I dumped my creamy new hummus into a bowl and crushed two fresh garlic cloves into it. OMG! I could eat it by itself. But, I took it to another level. Because of my Indian food hobby I’m very aware of Trader Joe’s Nan bread both fresh and frozen. (I’ve always touted their amazing frozen garlic Nan easy to keep on hand in the freezer.) In this case, though I had picked up some fresh garlic Nan (very light garlic flavor) that I thought might be a nice accompaniment to the hummus. The bread is thick and soft and sooo good. I sliced the soft ovals into 1 ½” slices, topped each with a touch of butter (can be omitted) and slathered with the hummus. I’m addicted and it's healthy food that tastes great. I now regularly stop by Trader Joe’s just to keep hummus on hand.

No comments: