Friday, June 18, 2010

Franco American Where Are You?

Truly Uh Oh, Spaghetti O’s. There’s been a recall of an American Classic for undercooked meatballs?! I don’t remember meat as a large component of Campbell's canned noodles of any shape.

http://www.q13fox.com/news/kcpq-061710-spaghettiorecall,0,3898855.story

Actually I can’t remember eating Spaghetti O’s specifically but, I’m certain they have the same sauce as a favorite of mine from my teenage years, Oh what was the name…Franco American Spaghetti. And, my husband piped up, "The Ravioli". Yes, I remembered that too. In my memory, they all had the same sauce, am I wrong? Guess in the 60’s they hadn’t perfected turning noodles into O’s.

Investigating my olfav, Franco American Spaghetti I found another Uh Oh. Campbell's retired the Franco American brand name in 2004.

http://www.boston.com/business/articles/2004/11/18/uh_oh_franco_american_is_no_more/

Well, there's proof in this blog that I like healthy food but I also feel nostalgic for American Classics.

No comments: